Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Another Successful CE Class by SERVPRO of Burke County
We had a class full of eager insurance professionals ready to learn from our certified instructor!
On February 19, we hosted another great Continuing Education (CE) class for our local insurance agents. We had a full class of over 50 attendees, offered brand-new courses, and provided a delicious lunch. It was arguably one of our best classes!
Every quarter, we host these classes so our local insurance professionals can maintain their licenses and remain current on best practices. We bring in a licensed and experienced instructor to create and teach the courses. At this event, we offered two courses: Introduction to Workers Compensation and Employers Liability and Errors and Omissions Risk Management. We also held drawings during each break period and gave away several prizes.
If you are an insurance professional in need of CE credits, join our email list to get updates on our upcoming classes: http://eepurl.com/dgbNDz. This is just one of the many ways we give back to our community!
3 Services You Didn't Know SERVPRO of Burke County Offered
We have an on-site textiles cleaning facility to restore a home's contents after it has a disaster!
This year marks our 10th anniversary. When we first opened our doors in 2009, we offered the most basic services a SERVPRO franchise can offer—fire and water damage cleanup and restoration. While those services are the cornerstone of our business, we’ve had the ability to expand our operations and allow the addition of other disaster restoration services.
- Textiles Cleaning. A homeowner’s possessions can be damaged by soot, mold, or contaminated water. While many of these issues can be difficult or near-impossible to restore at home, we have an on-site, state-of-the-art textiles cleaning facility. We are able to restore most damaged materials; we can even remove odors!
- Duct Cleaning. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends that you clean your HVAC system every 3 to 5 years. Not only does a duct cleaning improve air quality, but it can also remove allergens and other contaminants and improve your system’s efficiency. Our professionals use cutting-edge vacuum technology and other tools to truly clean your ducts!
- Odor Removal. Some smells can be a nuisance or just plain overwhelming. Fortunately, we have the equipment and the expertise to eliminate nearly any odor! No matter how strong the odor is, we’re able to help.
After 10 years, we’ve been fortunate enough to expand our services to help customers recover from most damages. If your home or business has damage, call SERVPRO of Burke County today!
3 Company Highlights from 2018
This is our original office from 10 years ago! We've grown a lot since then, and we will continue to do so!
2018 is coming to a close, and now we’re looking ahead to 2019, which marks our 10th year anniversary. In this last year, we’ve had a lot of growth, but we’ve also had several challenges. We’d like to take a moment and reflect on the highlights that shaped 2018 for us here at SERVPRO of Burke County.
Large Loss at Martinsville Speedway
As a Large Loss franchise, we are apt to be called to distant places to clean up and restore damages. Earlier this year, we were summoned to Martinsville Speedway in Virginia to restore the racetrack after there was significant flooding. Not only did some of our crew travel to help, but they also had the opportunity to ride on the race track in our green, SERVPRO vehicles
SERVPRO Team Building 2018
Since 2009, we’ve grown from a trio to a large team of over 50 employees. That’s why this year, we decided to host our first, company-wide team building event. We took part of the day off to travel to Blowing Rock where we did team-building activities at a ropes course. It was a great opportunity to bring employees together, especially since we have gotten so large!
Storm Response to Hurricane Florence
Many of us at SERVPRO of Burke County have ties to Wilmington, so it was only natural that we deployed there after the catastrophic damage from Hurricane Florence. We had crews there for nearly a month, initially working in unfavorable conditions. But as a result, we were able to restore a church and some of its affiliated school buildings!
Looking Forward to 2019
As next year approaches, we’re looking at the obstacles we’ve overcome and where we hope to go next. We’re proud of our growth over the last 9 years, and we’re excited to see as we enter our 10th. We’re humbled to be able to serve this community, and we hope to continue doing so for many years to come.
SERVPRO of Burke County at the Morganton Christmas Parade
SERVPRO is returning to this year's annual Morganton Christmas Parade!
It’s not even Thanksgiving yet, but Christmas is already in the air. That’s because the annual Morganton Christmas Parade is right around the corner! On Tuesday, December 4, over 100 floats and walking groups will travel over a mile of downtown Morganton’s streets. And just as in years past, SERVPRO of Burke County will join in the parade!
Unlike previous years, however, we will not be using our Large Loss trailer in the parade. To make up for it, we’ve asked a special green guest to make an appearance in one of our green SERVPRO vehicles! If you’d like to meet this celebrity, you’ll have to come to the parade!
We hope to see you there, and we wish you an early Merry Christmas!
SERVPRO of Burke County Values its Employees
This is some of our employees participating in one of our teambuilding exercises!
When Kim and Randy Williams opened their doors in 2009, they had only one other employee. In nearly 10 years, that trio has grown into a highly capable team of over 50 SERVPRO heroes. Because we come from humble beginnings, we do everything we can to keep the feel of a small family while supporting our expansive team.
Periodically throughout the year, we host lunches or small breaks for our employees to show how much we appreciate all the hard work they do. They’re the backbone of our business, and we like to show them how much they mean to us.
Team Building Events
Because we’ve grown so quickly over the last few years, it can be hard to feel like a team. To resolve that issue, we began holding team-building events where employees can from other departments can gather, socialize, and learn to work with each other.
Annual Christmas Party
For years, we’ve hosted a company Christmas party, and it’s a tradition that’s continued even as we’ve grown. We cater lunch, hold an ugly Christmas sweater contest, and we exchange gifts Secret Santa-style. We’re looking forward to this year’s party!
Our employees are an essential part of everything we do, and we attempt to show our appreciation in many ways. As we continue to grow, we will adapt and expand on our efforts so we can foster growth on both a professional and personal level. If you need a reliable team to restore your property after a disaster, call SERVPRO of Burke County at (828) 874-0966!
How We Keep Our Employees Trained and Certified
We believe that a strong bond creates a strong team! That's why we conduct team-building exercises!
When a company comes into your home or business, you expect them to be trained and professional. That’s why when we hire a new employee, we send them through rigorous training to get them certified. But we also take steps beyond that, to make sure our employees are representing the best of SERVPRO of Burke County.
- IICRC Training. The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification is an organization that sets the standards and best practices for the cleaning and restoration industry. We send all of our field technicians and supervisors to these trainings to make sure they are certified and current on new trends and practices.
- SERVPRO Corporate Trainings. Our corporate office also sets standards for our employees to meet before they are ready to enter the field. These trainings demonstrate some of the same practices as the IICRC, but they also explain the tools and methods the company uses to give the best customer experience.
- Teambuilding Exercises. At SERVPRO of Burke County, it’s important to us that our employees are not only trained but that they work well together. That’s why we periodically hold teambuilding exercises—so our employees will work well together and bring you a more streamlined process.
In addition to the above, some of our employees attend conferences, workshops, and other continuing education programs so they can remain at the top of their class. So if you need a disaster cleanup and restoration company, know you’ll be in safe hands if you call SERVPRO of Burke County at (828) 874-0966!